Mission and values
Afera strives to be the voice of the European adhesive tape industry.Our vision is a world in which designers, engineers and manufacturers in every conceivable industry are aware of adhesive tape as the most effective, innovative and economical bonding and fixing solution to their needs.
Afera aims to add the greatest value possible to our members' businesses.
We accomplish this by:
- Growing the market for adhesive tape solutions by targeting
- today's engineers and designers through strategically placed online content about the functionalities of tape
- tomorrow's professional users by infusing tape technologies into the curricula of European engineering degree programmes.
- Providing an organised, collaborative, flexible platform from which to service our membership by
- organising networking and learning through meetings and events
- gathering and sharing market and technical information
- actively monitoring and participating in regulatory and standards development processes
- establishing globally recognised test methods.
- The success of our mission depends upon our members. Afera’s primary commitment is to meet our members’ needs, including reliability, consistency and quality in events, initiatives, publications and information; and to provide equal industry representation to all of our stakeholders.
Investment in the industry
- Afera believes that an interactive, organised adhesive tape industry will expand and flourish if offered a pan-European platform on which to collaborate. We believe that a tape industry which is mobilised, unified and well-voiced will benefit from pan-European and international co-operation and representation in public affairs issues and initiatives.
Efficiency and accountability
- We exist to serve our greatest asset, our members, in the best manner possible by promoting efficiency, providing full financial accountability and, where possible, sharing resources and accessing expertise among our membership and associates.