Afera lockdown exit webinar series: Navigating the COVID-19 crisis within the adhesive tape value chain
The 2020s are barely underway, but this decade will be remembered for the COVID-19 outbreak. Societies are facing the unprecedented consequences of a global pandemic, and businesses are forced to adapt to the economic consequences of a global lockdown.
How is the adhesive tape industry coping with and responding to COVID-19 disruption?
- How do you keep your teams, customers, suppliers and partners motivated and engaged during COVID-19 disruption and specifically during a new lockdown exit phase?
- Are there any issues that Members are encountering which they cannot deal with at the moment: local regulations, shortages or something else that is keeping you from operating normally?
- Are there specific stakeholders that Afera could engage with to tackle a specific issue?
- Being (more) autonomous/self-sufficient in production: Will this enable companies to survive if they follow the current signs of the Crisis? Is your company taking steps in this direction?
- What initiatives that were implemented (by your company, yourself or governments or other authorities) to deal with the Crisis will remain in place beyond the COVID-19 lockdown phase?
- How do you prepare your business for a “post-COVID-19 world” or a substantially extended low-touch world?
- Which post-COVID-19 lockdown opportunities or needs could/should be addressed through industry collaboration (and cannot be developed by a single company)?
- What is the relationship between business recovery and sustainability in the tape industry (regulations, European Green Deal, etc.)?
- What are your business approaches, experiences and views on sustainability issues?
These and other questions are on many tape company executives’ minds. Afera, as the European umbrella organisation unique to the adhesive tape industry, provides the platform for exchanging know-how, experiences and best practices of our Member Companies. Learn about important information and experiences shared during Afera’s 2 April, 16 April, 30 April ,14 May, 28 May, 18 June, 2 July and 3 September webinars. For those who could not attend, the webinars were recorded – refer to the links listed in the latter articles.
In April 2020, Secretary General Astrid Lejeune conducted a survey among Afera Members to gauge where the tape industry is going strategically and tactically, to determine how to use this platform and community further to exchange ideas and pose questions about “the new normal” both defensively and offensively. Access the survey results here.
Register now for Afera’s 63rd Annual Conference online sessions beginning on 15 October 2020
Afera’s next online events are a series of 6 bi-weekly 90-minute sessions coverings covering a wide range of topics: from regulation to raw materials, from supply chain sustainability to stakeholder management, and from business models to bonding your organizational structure to achieve results in sustainability. Registration for one or more sessions (15/10, 29/10, 12/11, 26/11, 10/12, 14/01 at 14.00 CE(S)T) is free to all Members, with an unlimited number of registrations for each Member Company allowed.
If you would like to participate in the Annual Conference as a contributor or panelist, please contact Ms. Lejeune here.
Afera’s team has also created a dedicated COVID-19 lockdown exit resource page, including practical information, advice and links to other important institutional bodies and stakeholders.