A tape converter turns adhesive tape manufacturers and other complementary material suppliers’ large log rolls of material into smaller width and length rolls and bespoke shapes. Value is added by taking a difficult-to-handle product and creating a convenient and easy-to-handle bespoke component. Converters offer a wealth of experience and expertise in their understanding of adhesive materials and the wide variety of applications and markets in which they are used.
Services converters provide
- CAD design
- Material advice
- Material samples
- Environmental testing
- Manufacturing advice.
- Log rolls slit to custom widths
- Log rolls slit to custom lengths.
- Material is die-cut to custom shapes and sizes
- This includes kiss-cuts, butt-cuts and die-cuts.
- Material is cut into simple or complex and very intricate pieces
- Includes cutting score lines, engraving and perforating.
- Material is cut into simple or complex pieces
- Ideal for thick materials.
- Material can be combined with complimentary materials/liners from a variety of suppliers
- Laminating can cover the full area or just ‘zones’.
- Adhesive components are applied to the customer’s target part
- This can be done by hand or using automated pick-and-place equipment.
- Part presentations, e.g. in roll form, sheets or single pieces
- Liner presentations, e.g. tabbed, perforated, split-back and location holes (for assembly efficiencies)
- Heat sealing
- Shrink wrap
- Plain or printed
If quality is a key requirement, look for a converter certified to the relevant accreditations such as ISO 9001.
Find a converter in Afera’s member directory here.